The Weston Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides temporary monthly rental assistance in the form of a grant to eligible households who have a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic. ERAP will pay between $350 - $800/month in rental assistance, depending on unit size, for four months. Payments are made directly to the landlord and the program is run through the Regional Housing Services Office. Grant renewals may be possible depending on need and available funding. ERAP is funded with Community Preservation Act funds through Weston's Affordable Housing Trust (approved by the Sept. Annual Town Meeting).
- Current residents of Weston or households meeting local preference categories of either household member employed in Town (local business or municipality) or have a student enrolled in a Weston School.
- Households are not eligible if they are currently receiving rental assistance or live in a unit where rent is based on income (Section 8, MRVP, Housing Authority, etc.) Also, households that own real estate do not qualify
- Households who have had their income reduced due to circumstances related to the COVID-19
- Households who spend over 30% of their income on rent
- Households whose current monthly rent is below the following:
- 1 bedroom - $1,925
- 2 bedroom - $2,311
- 3 bedroom - $2,880
- 4 bedroom - $3,131
See the Regional Housing Services Office website for additional guidance and income limits.
Applications are currently being accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis for as long as program is operating and funding is available.
Completed applications can be submitted by email to: info@RHSOhousing.org, by postal mail, or through drop boxes at the following locations:
Weston Town Hall
11 Town House Road (dropbox)
PO Box 378 (postal mail)
Weston MA 02493
Attn: Weston ERAP/ Town Manager
37 Knox Trail
Acton, MA 01720
Attn: Weston ERAP
Drop off in black mail box by front steps