This scenic, yet heavily-traveled road received some major improvements in 2020:
- All gas mains have been updated, south from Concord Road up north to the Silver Hill bridge
- water mains and gates updated
- Culvert at Cherry Brook replaced with upgraded system
- All stormwater drainage
- Sidewalk installation, connecting Sunset Rd to North Ave. and including a boardwalk with outlook over Cherry Brook
- full-depth reconstruction of the roadway
The entire project required much cooperation and logistical planning and coordination, including National Grid, Public Works, Traffic and Sidewalk Committee, Planning Board, Conservation Commission and of course abutters and neighbors.